Tuesday, December 2, 2008

dralas and boddhisattvas on Mistle Rd.

I sometimes take wood from a neighbor's pile. No one ever goes to that house and the wood is left to rot. A couple of weeks ago, I was doing this with my arm in a sling and someone walking their dog saw me. I felt caught, even though I didn't think taking a small log from the 4-foot high/20-foot wide pile was much of a crime. It was Dolores who lives one road down. I became less distraught once I realized it was someone I knew, but felt self conscious. As we greeted I tried not to dwell in this feeling.

(clicking them carrots goes to more yummy pics)

Then some small magic occurred. Dolores said "I'll help you place the log you have under your arm, then you can get another one and hold it in your hand. Two logs are better than one!" It seemed like there was a dance of friendly spirits springing from nature to my aide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the one of the orange sunset

-MR. R

k.o.d (keith) said...

mister R what a nice suprise! :)