Wednesday, November 19, 2008

whatever u do - dontchya worry!

i was down on cherry road after catching the sunset and looking for logs for my fire. a spontaneous yogic song came up (just after meeting dexter, the dog, whose back i scratched with a log). here goes:

i call my dog "dude"
i call him that way
because today
i went out looking for dog names
and "dude"
is what came up

'course, you gotta put music to the words (which i did for better or, probably, worse), kinda like a Khenpo Rinpoche song. maybe a dexter gordon tune.

on my way back, holding my logs, and now my mail (a kaiser letter), i tried to get a picture of dex - with my letter, as if the mail was his. then i realized his owner had been sitting right there all the time while i was talking some vague nonesense to dex and singing my stupid song. evelyn's her name.

(dexter got kaiser junk mail & was so happy about it, 't was hard to get him to sit still - "sit", i ordered, hoping he'd get into vajra posture)

today is "save the air day" 'round here. ha! talk on my road from nancy and dolores is: "will we light fires tonight so we don't freeze to death?". same dilemma as the commuter pondering bart or the oil leeking suv.

maybe we could have a big collective fire, i suggested.

3 comments:

S. T. Jenkins said...

hey - howcome I didn't know about this before?

k.o.d (keith) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k.o.d (keith) said...

this? you mean dexter? eYe marsh? both? i guess because i didnt't have your email. otherwise, believe me you woulda been inundated :) so what's your email? i'll sign you up for e-lerts.

que tal ngondro?