Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Days that start with "dbl-u" / Haydn the fog

I thought about it, quite hard, yes, as I gazed into the semi-darkness of my coffee cup. I even looked at other weeks on the calendar, but the only match I could find, or that was close at least, was "Wednesday". "Try harder, I thought, "look at last month, or even 2006 and 2007". But where would that get me? Only into more trouble. So there. Today happens to be Wednesday, the day I carry my garbage out (at night) to dump it in the neighbors' bins. As such, Wed. is a very important day on the calendar.

Haydn? Where is he? Hard to tell in this fog... I guess he's hidin' in it. So well I cannot hear his music (I can't even see the ocean 40 yards away). Which is why I have Paul Weller playin on the hifi - an album from the days of the Fondation des Etats Unis back in early 90's Paris. "Wild Wood": good stuff, reminds me of Van Morrison or Steve Winwood.

(Stubbed toe? No sir, no m'am, I stepped on a blackberry while picking some. Same looks but no pain. Click photo above for slideshow of morning fog - then hit F11 for full screen. Bonus shots include hanging artwork from the artist and his buddies)

2 comments:

lama010101 said...

cool stuff! as cool as the fog in Bolinas... maybe I should check out the place next Tuesday night... what you say?

Anonymous said...

sounds good!